The Smart Phone ParentingSM program offers free workshops to any group or organization with a minimum of 10 participants. This interactive workshop – featuring tips from wireless and law enforcement experts – offers important information and advice regardless of your wireless carrier.
Smart Phone ParentingSM gives parents, teachers and other community members the opportunity to host workshops about the following topics:
- Hear from local law enforcement officials about:
- Privacy laws
- Inappropriate texting and picture messaging
- Cyber bullying
- Texting and driving laws
- Advice about appropriate first wireless phones
- The importance of family guidelines
- Tips for responsible wireless usage
- Parental controls and safeguard services
- Options for devices and services for phones, smartphones or tablets
- Monitoring data usage
- Avoiding unwanted calls and charges
- Understanding the language of text messaging
Currently workshops are being hosted in Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Nebraska.
Request a workshop.
Have a question? Check out the FAQs page.
Want to learn more about the workshops? Check out the videos page.